Amy Winehouse found dead

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Re: Amy Winehouse found dead
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jul 2011, 03:27 am »
always make me wonder when an artist with as much talent as she had dies so young how much good music am i never going to hear what a waist. I hope she found the peace or what ever she was looking for now Sad sad day. Brings back the day that they said John Belushi died he was just reached the top of his game and was gone. Amy would have to have worked hard to top back in black but it could have been done i think ill go put some Amy Winehouse on the TT mix myself a a stiff drink and enjoy that voice

You Know I'm No Good

jackman

« Reply #21 on: 24 Jul 2011, 03:34 am »
I'm sorry, but mentioning Joplin's name in the same breath as this chick does a grave disservice to a talented legend. Society today is very confused IMHO.  :o

It sounds like you are the confused one. No one compared anyone to Joplin in terms of talent. He just wondered if people would compare her to other famous musicians who died young.   It's kind of freaky all these leople died at 27 but it is absurd to put all of those stars on the same playing field in terms of talent. Amy was good but I can't imagine anyone comparing her to the greats. It's simply not fair to anyone.

Heck, if we were making comparisons, I think putting anyone on the list of 27 in the same universe as Hendrix, including Janice, is an insult to Hendrix. Janice was good but she basically sang the same song every time. It gets old for me pretty quick. Hendrix transformed the guitar, drunk chicks were screaming into microphones long before Janice came along.

Cheers
J

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jul 2011, 04:29 am »
 Hey J :  Totally agree that Hendrix transformed the guitar - it's like Lennon told Elvis: "Before you there was nothing..." but you do Pearl a disservice. She transformed women's role in rock music. And drunk chicks screaming into microphones don't usually end up screaming the definitive versions of standards like "Summertime". Credit where credit's due.

D.D.

Crimson

« Reply #23 on: 24 Jul 2011, 04:34 am »
Comparisons comparisons. She's dead. Not a good thing. It's a shame. A waste of youth and talent. And I wasn't a fan.

RIP.

bummrush

« Reply #24 on: 24 Jul 2011, 04:38 am »
Hendrix death most likely accidental ,, booze,  barbiturates if I'm correct . Hers pretty much suicide by dope . It's a shame for both.

bummrush

« Reply #25 on: 24 Jul 2011, 04:43 am »
Speaking of Beushi of all the stuff I've forgotten what will be never forgotten is the pics of Belushi at the end , they were heartbreaking.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #26 on: 24 Jul 2011, 06:47 am »
Hendrix death most likely accidental ,, booze,  barbiturates if I'm correct . Hers pretty much suicide by dope . It's a shame for both.
unfortunately, w/amy, this is no surprise, it was simply a matter of time.  :o

for jimi, he actually suffocated - on his vomit.  truly a shame.  he didn't die from an overdose...  what is really shocking - and i yust learned this today, looking up jimi - is that, if the emt's weren't so stupid, that he would have certainly survived - he was alive when they took him to the hospital, but the way they strapped him in wouldn't allow him to puke.   :duh:  i always knew that jimi had suffocated on his vomit, but this i never knew.  truly sad...

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/h/Jimi%20Hendrix/jimi_hendrix.htm

doug s.

mjosef

« Reply #27 on: 24 Jul 2011, 06:46 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14266134

I will miss her "Big Hair".

When she was cute, before the body inks...

ctviggen

« Reply #28 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:15 pm »
I'm sorry, but mentioning Joplin's name in the same breath as this chick does a grave disservice to a talented legend. Society today is very confused IMHO.  :o

I can listen to Amy Winehouse; I find it hard to listen to Joplin.  I don't really compare the two, however.  It's tough for me to compare singers, and I don't know enough about Joplin (or Winehouse) to know what she supposedly did or did not do. 

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #29 on: 24 Jul 2011, 08:57 pm »
You shouldn't listen to me anyway, I'm "confused."  :wink:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #30 on: 24 Jul 2011, 10:11 pm »
I was too young to understand the tragedies of Jim, Jimi, and Janis. I just love their music.

The whole thing with Amy just make me sad. My best thoughts are with her parents.

Her passing reminds me of a piece from Shawshank Redemption:

I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.

RIP,

Jerry

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #31 on: 25 Jul 2011, 12:00 am »
That's sad news, a pretty and talented girl who hit bottom the hard way.
I hope she found her peace.

Preliminary reports state a combination of alcohol and Ecstasy.  That same mix took the life of another forum member's kid sister last year.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2011, 01:25 am by SteveFord »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #32 on: 25 Jul 2011, 03:40 am »
Some artists also died at 27 years old>
Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain, Robert Johnson maybe more.

RIP dear Amy.

ratso

« Reply #33 on: 25 Jul 2011, 04:13 am »
my first thought on hearing this this morning was "no big shock" which is probably the saddest thing of all. such a waste.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #34 on: 25 Jul 2011, 04:37 am »
I had a big shock, as she was a young and beautiful lady.
Was a waste of a life that could be great indeed.

Rclark

« Reply #35 on: 26 Jul 2011, 04:30 am »
They should put "but I said no no no" on her gravemarker.