My finalized baby! (minus moving into a bigger home and acoustic treatments!)

shawngt2

It’s been a couple of weeks since you’ve changed to the 14b....what improvements have you noticed?

Hey Bud1451, Yeah, it's not so obvious the differences unless I a/b I think (which I cannot do). But my overall impression is that the bass is very well handled at high volumes like no sweat. I wasn't expecting a huge jump in performance vs 4b3, but more giving my speakers all the headroom they would need to eliminate any doubt of detail loss in the lower frequencies (since they are rated 650W program and 86dB efficiency). I made the decision mostly on that basis and would recommend you consider what speakers you are driving before going to the 14B3 and whether it could be worth it for you.

Sorry I couldn't give a more detailed impression and certainly don't want to speak out my A$$.
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2019, 12:15 pm by shawngt2 »

shawngt2

I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it :)

Thanks guys  8)

pdkm

Wow, quite the dream system here--and quite a strong credenza. 200lbs on the top shelf. I would have been a bit nervous :o

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
^ That's why he's got Jesu there playin' the geetar.
 :popcorn:

shawngt2

Wow, quite the dream system here--and quite a strong credenza. 200lbs on the top shelf. I would have been a bit nervous :o
Sorry for such a long delay in reply. Yes, I agree 200lb is crazy for a long shelf like that. Thankfully this is solid mangowood and you can see the steel angles which are welded and screwed to the perimeter. The shelf doesn't flex at all given the situation!